Image source: Lucy Halcombe
I’ve spoken extensively about inspiration on this blog. How to find it, how to keep it and how to not let it overwhelm you (yes, you can have too much inspiration).
One of the ways I stay inspired is by following artists and designers on Instagram. Seeing beautiful works of art pop up in my feeds is always refreshing and uplifting. Social media has presented us with this really unique way to source inspiration and interact with those who inspire us.
With that in mind, I’ve put together a list of just 8 artists and designers worth following. There are thousands more out there and I hope this encourages you to hunt them down.
- Lucy Halcombe – Lucy’s bright and whimsical Instagram feed features her delicate envelope paintings. Follow for: a unique style and excellent use of colour.
- Eames Office – The official account of Charles and Ray Eames provides your daily dose of iconic mid-century design in 2017. Follow for: a look through the Eames archives.
- Kitty McCall – Vibrant, pop-arty homewares and art designed by Catherine Nice and made by British craftspeople. Follow for: more bright colours than you knew existed.
- Stay Gold Mary Rose – Handmade jewellery made using reclaimed ceramics. Follow for: beautiful jewellery interspersed with relaxing shots of nature.
- Feist Forest – UK based makers of beautiful wooden work-tables and ‘studio wares’. Follow for: beautiful interior spaces juxtaposed with landscape photography.
- Jo Flowers – Breathtaking floral arrangements by Norfolk based florist Jo Flowers. Follow for: enviable rustic romance.
- Jenny Kee – Textile designer Jenny Kee’s Instagram feed is as eccentric and colourful as you could wish for. Follow for: inspiring insights from an artist nearing 70.